The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is inviting applications for the position of Assistant Registrar. The Assistant Registrar provides leadership, in conjunction with the Registrar, for the planning, organization, and management of all activities related to the Office of the Registrar, serving as an assistant official authorized to maintain the university’s student records. The position assists in managing daily operations of the office and staff, and the position has significant responsibility regarding maintaining and optimizing all data systems within the Office of the Registrar.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day interpretation, implementation, and communication of policies and procedures of the university, state and federal agencies, and higher education accreditors
- Oversees department staff in their daily activities; coordinates activities of personnel in the completion of department functions
- Oversees the collection, maintenance, and reporting of student records within FERPA and institutional policy guidelines, such as grades, registration data, and transcripts. Determine and maintain FERPA protections and releases for students and families or other stakeholders
- Coordinates the development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of systems related to student academic records, course scheduling, course catalogs, class scheduling, student registration, academic advising, and applicable websites. Coordinates the overall SIS functions of the department to endure proper management, storage, and retrieval of electronic student records
- Performs accurate academic transcript evaluations, completing unofficial and official transcript evaluations; assisting academic advisors with the preparation of degree plans; coordinating with faculty and university departments regarding degree requirements, program adjustments, articulation and transfer credit policy, and catalog enforcement; and maintaining tables in the database system of comparable course equivalencies. Assists with the development and delivery of training programs for advisors.
- Coordinates department functions, including the completion of enrollment verification and certification reports for Title IV compliance; collaboration with internal and external auditors in the provision of records and documents for completion of periodic audits; and development, usage, and analysis of reports pertaining to retention and enrollment.
- Coordinates the academic space assignments and classroom scheduling, including producing reports assessing room usage and optimization of academic space utilization.
- Collects, catalogs, and implements in the SIS and advising systems all academic changes authorized through the curricular change process (i.e., Academic Council, Graduate Council, University Senate, President’s Office, and Board).
- Coordinates or directly produces various reports, including NCAA or other compliance reports, National Student Clearinghouse reports, and ad hoc report requests.
- Coordinates development and ongoing maintenance of articulation agreements with external educational institutions, such as 2+2s or other transfer agreements.
- Coordinates the diploma application, graduation audit, and diploma creation/delivery processes. Assists with degree conferrals.
- Serves as Graduation and Commencement Co-Coordinator, along with the other Assistant/Associate Registrar. Co-chairs the Graduation Committee.
- Serves as NCAA Compliance Assistant, in conjunction with the other Assistant/Associate Registrar.
- Other duties as requested and assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years related work experience
- Preferred: master’s degree
- Required: a minimum of two (2) years of related experience and one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of the Registrar and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of Jenzabar One or another SIS, SharePoint, Adirondack or another housing system, PowerFaids, Slate or another CRM system, and/or Canvas or another LMS preferred
- Knowledge of FERPA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and web-based applications
- Database and record management skills
- Ability to learn, understand, and utilize student information systems, vendor software solutions, and technical tools used in current business processes
- Ability to validate and analyze data using provided reports
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to read, understand, and explain process manuals, documentation, and policies and procedures
- Ability to research and compile and summarize a variety of information
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with competing deadlines and with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform accurate and timely data entry, and maintain detailed and accurate records and files for history, audit purposes and reports
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume here: https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/nqk2hBO5ss/Assistant-Registrar
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer