University of Mary
The Athletic Trainer works under the supervision of the Sports Medicine Director and supervises the care of student-athletes competing in the university’s athletic programs. The Athletic Trainer is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of injuries within the university’s comprehensive sports program. We currently have both full and part time positions available.
A key responsibility is the enthusiastic implementation of and personal investment in the University’s https://goumary.com/documents/2019/8/19/Athletic_Strategic_plan.pdf?id=1330 whole-person development model.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Coverage of assigned athletic teams, including traveling with teams
• Design and conduct programs for the prevention, evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation, and referral of athletic injuries
• Maintain appropriate medical records for all student-athletes, including daily treatment and rehab records, yearly physical exams, and concussion baseline testing
• Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Sports Medicine Department
• Participate in institutional professional development and training
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree in athletic training is required
• Master’s degree in athletic training or related field is preferred
• BOC Certified Athletic Trainer in good standing with the NATA State of North Dakota Licensure
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional organizational skills with attentiveness to detail
• Knowledge and skills in recognition, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries
• Competency in current popular Social Media platforms
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and web-based applications
• Understanding the compliance of NCAA rules and regulations
• Clear commitment to the development of athletic and academic success for the student-athlete
• Demonstrated understanding of the Athletic Departments’ Greatness through Virtue philosophy
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4962162
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.