University of Mary
The Bookstore Associate provides customer service in the campus bookstore. Duties include cashiering, inventory control, checking in vendors, ordering, cleaning, and other duties as assigned. The Bookstore Associate inventories and maintains the textbook supply and assists the bookstore director in all textbook functions.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• High school diploma required with a minimum of two years of sales experience and experience in inventory control and purchasing
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of the Financial Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Working knowledge of computer technology, including Microsoft Office software
• Knowledge of purchasing and procurement procedures
• Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures as they apply to cash handling, reconciling registers, deposits, and purchasing
• Attentiveness to detail with a capacity for accurate and timely recordkeeping and inventory maintenance
• Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff, and the general public
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
• Preferably some knowledge of marketing strategies
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4900021
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.