The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Bookstore Clerk. The Bookstore Clerk is responsible for providing customer service, cashiering, marketing, and performing inventory control functions.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
· Provides customer service to departments, students, and the general public, taking phone and onsite orders
· Prepares request for purchase orders for supplies, clothing, and other items sold in the store, completing the log and filing process
· Checks in vendors and verifies deliveries against the invoice while checking for damages
· Prepares monthly and yearly inventory audits, recording overages and shortages
· Reconciles the cash register and prepares the daily deposit
· Cleans the store, arranging displays for ideal visibility of merchandise, probable customer attraction, and maximum sales
· Verifies that items are priced visibly and correctly, monitoring displays for neat appearance and a good selection of sizes
· Monitors reorder levels for all items and maintains appropriate quantities, keeping records of sales and varying inventory as indicated
· Inventories and maintains textbook supply as requested and approved. Assists bookstore director in all textbook functions:
o Collecting term adoptions
o Entering term information via computer
o Placing orders
o Tracking sales
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Required: High School diplomas or equivalent
· Preferred: A minimum of two years of sales experience with experience in inventory control and purchasing
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Financial Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Working knowledge of computer technology, including Microsoft Office software
· Knowledge of purchasing and procurement procedures
· Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures as they apply to cash handling, reconciling registers, deposits, and purchasing
· Attentiveness to detail with a capacity for accurate and timely recordkeeping and inventory maintenance
· Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff, and the general public
· Strong critical thinking, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
· Preferably some knowledge of marketing strategies
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click the link provided to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer