Business Development Strategist
University of Mary
Business Development Strategist
The Business Development Strategist in Workforce Development is responsible for connecting industry leaders and other groups external to the University to promote programs that meet their workforce needs with a focus on increasing degree-seeking enrollment. This position assists with the planning and implementation of a comprehensive strategy including outreach activities and events within the state and surrounding region to engage with stakeholders to meet the university’s recruitment needs and links appropriate University resources to meet the identified demand. This position will be expected to cultivate and execute plans to meet performance goals.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Initiate and grow relationships between the University of Mary and corporate and executive contacts and other external partners through attendance and/or facilitation of various community events. Establishes relationships and facilitates private meetings with business leaders and other external stakeholders to design customized workforce development programs and promote degree programs that directly correlate to demonstrated need and can relieve demand.
• Collaborates with Enrollment Management leadership on creating and executing recruitment opportunities to meet the enrollment goals of the university.
• Participates in the planning, implementation, and execution of WFD activities, including camps, leadership programs, and training. Initiates and maintains communication with executive and corporate partners to support those endeavors through financial support and employee interactions with participants.
• Cultivates strong alumni relationships to support and grow workforce development, degree enrollment, and continuing education.
• Frequent travel within the state and surrounding region is required
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Master’s degree is preferred in business, public relations, or another field related to work specified
• 5+ years of experience required in successful sales, fundraising, public relations, business development, or related field.
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Enrollment Management and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Strong aptitude for fostering relationships long-term
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently to ensure strategic goals are accomplished
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and develop relationships and partnerships withing the University of Mary and the community
• Independent decision making skills
• Proficiency in technology, including but not limited to electronic data processing and databased management
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people and fast-paced environments
• Desire to work in an environment of continuous improvement
• Attentiveness to detail with a critical degree of accuracy
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4466508
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.