Business Office Assistant Receptionist
University of Mary
Business Office Assistant/Receptionist
The Business Office Assistant/Receptionist is responsible for covering the Business Office reception window and assist in the daily operations of the Financial Affairs Business Office by providing back-up to the Purchasing Clerk, Accounts Payable Clerks, and other business office functions as needed.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Provides superior customer service by greeting guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner. Ensures phone calls are answered promptly and redirected accordingly.
• Receives, sorts, and forwards all incoming mail. Receives and distributes university faxes. Records checks received daily. Directs correspondence to appropriate offices.
• Assists students and staff with questions about university services and procedures. Accepts payments from students and maintains associated spreadsheet. Tracks and maintains outstanding invoices.
• Maintains and balances the petty cash boxes and cash drawer. Orders office supplies for the Business Office. Locks the office at the close of each workday.
• Coordinates the repair and maintenance of office equipment. Checks out credit card machines and instructs staff on usage.
• Supports Accounts Payable with data entry, sorting, and filing.
• Supports Accounts Receivable with data entry and receipting.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• High School diploma required
• Associate degree in a related field or 2 years of equivalent work experience is preferred
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Financial Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to provide a professional and positive image through in-person, computer, and phone interaction; ability to create and maintain a welcoming environment for students, faculty, and staff
• Attentiveness to detail and accuracy; ability to perform general clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing
• Ability to understand, interpret, explain, and apply rules and policies applicable to areas of responsibility
• Maintains confidentiality regarding all aspects of the work environment
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4115792
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.