The University of Mary is seeking a full-time faculty position in Construction Management. Industry experience is preferred, particularly in Agency CM, CM-at-Risk and Design-Build project delivery methods. Areas of expertise include conceptual estimating (assembly and functional system based), project scheduling and resource allocation, construction equipment and machinery, construction law, construction safety, virtual design and construction (VDC) management processes and technology, temporary structures in construction, project control and construction site management, project financial management, and the psychology of leadership. Developing industry cross-disciplinary fluency for all stakeholders on a project is crucial to the program, as well as the ability to integrate and synthesize into the CM courses the broad-based liberal arts knowledge and values that comprise the core curriculum for all students at the university.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php ).
· Teaching undergraduate courses in the fields of construction management, business administration, and civil engineering.
· Developing courses and curriculum for Construction Management degree
· Interacts positively and effectively with faculty, staff, and students to improve program operating practices and outcomes
· Assumes a leadership role in setting goals for academic achievement, student recruitment, and student retention
· Leads and supervises ongoing program improvements based on accreditation standards, program objectives, and university competencies
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
· Master’s in Construction Management is required
· A Ph.D. is preferred
· Professional experience in construction management and business, prior teaching experience at the college level and experience with curriculum development is preferred
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Engineering and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here to apply. Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Teaching Portfolio, (4) Teaching Evaluations, (5) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) Three letters of recommendation. Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer