Coordinator of Athletic Development
University of Mary
Coordinator of Athletic Development
The Coordinator of Athletic Development is an integral part of the Mission Advancement Office. Primary responsibilities include the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of University of Mary prospects and supporters through athletic events and relationships.
The Coordinator of Athletic Development reports to the Director of Alumni Relations and will interface directly and frequently with the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Organize, coordinate, and direct all phases of the Marauders Armada under the guidance of the Director of Alumni Relations and the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. Responsible for the Armada operational budget, its policies and procedures, the Armada Cabinet, and volunteer members
• Directs the planning, staffing and implementation of Marauders Armada events and other athletics events that directly affect athletic development in conjunction with the Armada Campaign Chair and Alumni Relations Office
• Working directly with the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, develops and manages all corporate athletic partnerships. Duties include, but are not limited to: creating an official corporate opportunities list, and identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporate partners
• Responsible for the coordination of social events for corporate partners; advertising and signage within athletic venues and game programs; and negotiation and final approval of all corporate athletic partnership agreements
• Serves the Department of Athletics by working directly with the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and coaching staff by assisting them in acquiring annual gifts, major gifts, and endowments
• Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward annual and major gift donors as part of an overall strategy to support the financial needs of UMary Athletics. This includes enhancing or developing athletics scholarships, new or existing athletic endowments, special restricted gifts, and new annual fund donors
• Meet with the Director of Alumni Relations biweekly and discuss prospects, special events and issues relevant to Athletic Development
• Other duties as requested and assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree required, with a preference for a bachelor’s degree in Business or Sports Management
• At least four years of experience in fundraising is required, or a related field with experience in direct solicitation
• Five to seven years of professional experience in fundraising and program management within a D1 or DII athletics program is preferred
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Mission Advancement and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience in dealing with broadcast and print media
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with multiple constituencies both internal and external to the organization
• Thorough knowledge of principles and methods of planning and conducting a comprehensive public relations program, including the development and implementation of a strategic marketing plan
• Previous experience, preferably in the area of public affairs, public information, communications, or publications
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3870894
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.