Coordinator of Grants and Compliance
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for a Coordinator of Grants and Compliance. This position will report the Director of Student Financial Services. The Coordinator of Grants and Compliance works with campus community members on grant budget preparation and submittal as well as budget spend and grant reporting. In addition, the Coordinator of Grants and Compliance supports the drawdown of federal funding from the Department of Education’s system known as G5 and maintains an internal audit schedule to ensure adherence to institutional policies and federal and state regulations.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Assists project directors in grant preparation, grant submittal, and budget/spend reporting
· Maintains an internal audit schedule of federal and state compliance specific to the Business Office, Student Accounts, and Financial Aid to regularly perform internal audit of day-to-day business operations.
· Supports institutional compliance with federal, state, and accreditor consumer information by reviewing electronic and printed communication associated with the delivery of federal, state, or outside grants.
· Maintains excel spreadsheets of expenses paid and provides monthly reports to grant project directors.
· Other duties as assigned including acting as a back up to Student Accounts and assisting with grant reporting; and supporting FERPA compliance.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Associates degree in business administration, accounting, or another related field is required
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred
· Two years of related financial experience is required
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Financial Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Ability to interpret and implement state and federal regulations as well as cultivate a broad knowledge of federal regulations recordkeeping requirements
· Ability to present a professional demeanor in all telephone and personal contacts
· Knowledge of higher education processes, supervisory and personnel practices, communication techniques, and computer software and applications
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently, having an excellent ability to set goals, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
· Ability to think critically and process information quickly and accurately
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer