Coordinator of Mission & Hospitality for Dining Services
University of Mary
Coordinator of Mission & Hospitality for Dining Services
The Coordinator of Mission and Hospitality for Dining Services is responsible for building and providing visionary leadership for a hospitable, mission-driven, and service-oriented collegiate dining experience.
This position will collaborate closely with the Director of Dining Services to manage together all aspects of the University of Mary dining experience, providing mission and hospitality training to all back-of-house staff. The coordinator will train, assist, and provide direction to the Dining Hospitality Supervisor to ensure the University’s standards of excellence are upheld by in the Crow’s Nest Campus Restaurant, as well as train all front-of-house staff. Most importantly, the Coordinator of Mission & Hospitality should always be an ambassador for the students dining experience.
This position may require evening and weekend hours and a willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Manages, and improves all of the University’s customer service and hospitality standards related to Dining Services in collaboration with university leadership, facilitating program growth.
• Regularly evaluates organizational efficiency, identifies weak spots, and makes necessary changes to maximize staff productivity. Develops and manages appropriate service procedures, policies, and hospitality standards.
• Provides visionary, innovative leadership such that the University’s key facilities and experiences (Crow’s Nest, Chesterton’s, Marauders Cove, Breton Salon, etc.) exceed their promise.
• Manages and facilitates all communication relating to customer service experience, communicating with and fostering an engaged clientele across students, faculty, and staff. Manages meal plans and satisfaction surveys for all constituents. Facilitates regular and meaningful communication with both the Director of Dining Services and the Dining Hospitality Supervisor.
• Partners with the Director of Dining Services to recruit, interview, and hire employees for both front-of-house and back-of-house functions, while advancing the mission of the University of Mary. Specifically works to recruit student workers throughout the year, especially at SOAR, in coordination with Student Development and Enrollment Services.
• Manages and facilitates all marketing strategies surrounding the dining experience, to include social media posts and online reviews (e.g., Tripadvisor, Yelp, Google, etc.).
• Serves as Chair of the University’s Dining Services Committee and acts as a liaison to Student Government for garnering dining feedback from students.
• Assumes budgetary responsibility for purchases related to Dining Services hospitality.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of related work experience is required
• Master’s degree in Business, Communications, Hospitality Management, or other related field with 3-5 years of management experience is preferred
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Public Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• The capability to uphold the highest standards in customer service, hospitality, and organization. This position is dedicated to ensuring that all operations run smoothly and efficiently, while focusing on building strong relationships across campus and a strong team of hospitality professionals, implementing the University’s overall vision and standards for dining services.
• The ability to create a supportive, empowering work environment where staff members can learn new skills and build lasting, meaningful relationships. The Coordinator of Mission and Hospitality for Dining Services should be a principled decision maker and must embody a spirit of warmth of welcome, empathy, and humble service as they provide direction and leadership to all Dining Service endeavors.
• Strong communication and management skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain relationships with university students, donors, administrators, faculty and staff, strategic partners, vendors, and other professional colleagues.
• Strong budget management experience.
• Innovative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to understand and articulate University of Mary and Strategic Partner policies and monitor compliance.
• Eagerness to accommodate high demands of client requests.
• Willingness to contribute to the professional tone of the University of Mary in dress and demeanor.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications, particularly Excel and Word.
• Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4719685
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.