The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for an Electrician I/II, depending on experience. The Electrician I is at minimum a registered apprentice electrician whose functions are primarily directed at installing and maintaining electrical systems and performing internal electrical projects. The successful candidate will have background in the installation of commercial electrical systems.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Installation of electrical projects, to include installation of all necessary electrical materials including high voltage, low voltage, HVAC/controls, and other facility electrical needs.
· Installation, programming, and maintenance of electrical systems, including but not limited to access control, HVAC controls, camera systems, lighting controls, etc.
· Perform electrical maintenance and preventative maintenance activities to support campus repairs and community needs.
· Other duties as assigned to support community needs.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· High School diploma or GED required
· North Dakota Apprentice Electrician that has completed 3 full years of apprenticeship or 2 full years of apprenticeship plus a trade school degree is required
· North Dakota Journeyman electrician license preferred
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Physical Plant and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Ability and knowledge to bend and install conduit systems
· Ability to pull and terminate low voltage conductors (less than 50V)
· Ability to pull and terminate conductors 51V-480V
· Thorough knowledge of electrical components and equipment, installation, troubleshooting, etc.
· Demonstrated experience in installation of commercial electrical projects
· Demonstrated experience of systems installation and controls
· Highly safety conscious and the ability to follow all necessary safety standards
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer