The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support the Executive Vice President. This position serves as the primary point of administrative contact for the Executive Vice President and as the liaison for internal and external individuals, offices, departments, and agencies. The appointee leads the preparation, implementation, and documentation of the Executive Vice President’s meetings.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Interacts with the university community and visitors in a welcoming and friendly manner that reflects our Benedictine hospitality
· Collaborates with Public Affairs to plan events
· Conducts research and gathers background information for the EVP in preparation for meetings, speaking engagements, and upcoming events
· Provides administrative support by organizing meetings, seminars, and workshops and by ensuring that appropriate contacts are made, and that necessary equipment, supplies and materials are available
· Manages the EVP’s schedule and electronically maintains the professional and personal calendar of the EVP
· Composes letters and other documents and manages telephone and e-mail communications
· Manages a high volume of demands for the EVP’s time and demonstrates good judgement in identifying and resolving potential conflicts by reviewing and investigating requests
· Provides minutes and agendas for meetings
· Plans and organizes travel arrangements for the EVP
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· A minimum of 5 or more years of related experience is required
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of the Executive Vice President and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications
· Ability to work both independently and with a team
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent writing skills
· Proficiency with technology, electronic data processing, and database management
· Attentiveness to detail
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer