The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for an Executive Assistant. This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the daily operations of the department of Academic Affairs, including assisting the Vice President and the Assistant Vice President for the department. The ideal candidate must be professional, welcoming, detail oriented and exercise a high level of discretion, tact, and confidentiality.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Works closely with the Vice President and Assistant Vice President to schedule meetings, prepare meeting agendas and materials, and distribute general communications.
- Prepares employment appointments for full and part time faculty and adjuncts in select programs/schools
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and other documents, including those related to faculty qualifications and curricula. Maintains electronic files of all course syllabi and curricular maps.
- Manages timelines and compliance by deans/chairs with academic affairs’ required workflows, such as faculty evaluations.
- Provides centralized coordination for compiling and documenting accreditation documents, state licensing information, and articulation agreements.
- Assists the VP and AVP in preparing orientation and faculty advising handbooks, materials, activities, and schedules.
- Oversees purchasing of supplies and equipment for the office of academic affairs. Hires, trains, and supervises student office workers.
- Oversees clerical processes associated with office mailings, including SAP and Deans List.
- Under the direction of the VP, creates and maintains academic calendar and meeting schedules.
- Documents and distributes minutes agendas for multiple committees. Maintains status records of all proposals from each committee including new courses and course changes, new programs, and academic policy revisions. Maintains and communicates records of action needed and completed from each committee.
- Other office duties as assigned including but not limited to; arranges transportation and hotel accommodations for the VP; type, file, and enter data for the academic affairs staff; assists faculty, staff, students, and guests.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Required: Associate degree in a related field or 5-8 years of equivalent work experience
- Preferred: A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years in an administrative assistant role
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to provide a professional and positive image through in-person, computer, and phone interaction
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to create a and maintain a welcoming environment for students, faculty, and staff
- Attentiveness to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and exercise sound independent judgement within areas of responsibility
- Ability to understand, interpret, explain, and apply rules and policies applicable to areas of responsibility
- Ability to organize and maintain a filing system and manage document databases
- Ability to prepare clear, accurate, and concise correspondence, records, reports, and other documents
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer