Facilities Operations Manager
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for a Facilities Operations Manager. This position is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of daily operations of university facilities are performed to a high level and are continually improving to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable environment for students, faculty, and staff. Primary areas of responsibility include custodial and event services. The individual in this position is also responsible for managing essential facilities operations services to meet the 24/7 needs of the university.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Develops, documents, and maintains a robust facilities operational program, including but not limited to the following elements:
o Builds a culture of hospitality within the service that we perform
o Develops and maintains written custodial expectations
o Develops procedures to perform custodial tasks, and ensures expectations are met by staff daily
o Ensures staff receive training related to specific job tasks and responsibilities, including maintaining a documented chemical control program, ensuring OSHA requirements are always met, and maintaining proper PPE
o Responsible for oversight of the 24/7 continuity program for essential university facilities operations services, including coordination with maintenance and projects, security, events, and other departments as needed
o Maintains oversight of all university events to ensure the physical plant is prepared for all events
o Manages custodial equipment needs, inventory, and service
o Continually reviews facilities operations department to improve personnel performance, processes, and identify efficiencies and cost savings while providing better service as focused on the user experience
o Evaluates and champions new technology enhancements to continually improve facilities operations performance
o Maintains a robust documentation program including custodial unitization, daily work areas and schedules, training manuals, etc.
· Assist in project execution, including but not limited to:
o Coordinates project cleaning activities
o Develops, maintains, and manages a project cleaning schedule
· Bids, evaluates, and manages contracted custodial services
· Assures all work activities completed by university and contracted staff are completed in compliance with applicable codes and standards, as well as meeting university expectations related to quality and professionalism
· Supports planning by participating in the university master planning process, individual project planning processes, departmental strategic planning and prioritization, and performing observations throughout the university to identify areas requiring resources
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction project management, or other related field; or master’s level licensure in appropriate building trade.
· Eight or more years of progressively more responsible experience in building management and operations, with three or more years of supervisory experience, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Physical Plant and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Knowledge of custodial products, procedures, equipment, and safety requirements
· Ability to learn, utilize, and train others on software systems related to facilities operations management tasks
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Knowledge of inventory management principles and practices
· Proven leadership and managerial skills with a large, diverse workforce
· Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively and to effectively communicate ideas and information in written and oral format with university faculty, staff, administrators, and governing boards
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Attentiveness to detail
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer