Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Faculty Member
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for a full-time FNP faculty member.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php).
- Assess, plan, implement, update, and evaluate graduate nursing coursework relevant to teaching assignment and with respect to overall curriculum
- Design, implement, evaluate, and update the curriculum
- Participate in evaluation of policies for student admission, progression, retention, and graduation in keeping with the policies of the University of Mary
- Contribute to planning and teaching during FNP institute
- Participate in academic advisement and guidance of gradate nursing students
- Provide theoretical instructional oversight of practice experiences and offer substantive feedback to students
- Evaluate student achievement of curricular outcomes related to nursing knowledge and practice in a fair, consistent manner
- Participate in selection, monitoring, and evaluation of preceptors and the student learning experience
- Service as advisor to doctoral nursing students
- Evaluate personal teaching effectiveness
- Act on strategies to advance teaching effectiveness
- Participate in activities that facilitate maintenance of nursing competence and professional expertise in the area of teaching responsibility, maintain APRN practice
- Participate in graduate nursing and university wide committees
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
- Required: Terminal degree
- Preferred: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Required: Current unencumbered APRN license in the State of North Dakota
- Required: Meet criteria as set forth by the NDBON
- Must possess knowledge of best practices in primary care, health promotion, prevention, and disease management across the lifespan
- Must demonstrate teaching strategies, measurement, and evaluation of student performance
- Must perform program assessment
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Health Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/6gxYlnTF2B/Family-Nurse-Practitioner-FNP-Faculty-Member to apply. Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Teaching Portfolio, (4) Teaching Evaluations, (5) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) Three letters of recommendation. Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer