Flooring and Ceiling Installer
University of Mary
Flooring and Ceiling Installer
The Flooring and Ceiling Installer ensures that day-to-day operations and events are carried out in a timely, efficient, and effective manner. She/He works in assigned areas to ensure that they are maintained at the highest possible standards.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Competitive wage based on experience
• Tuition benefits
• Retirement benefits
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Discounted Meal Plan
• Discounted membership at the campus Wellness Center
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Performs flooring installation maintenance duties including both repairs and construction projects, including but not limited to carpets, LVT, vinyl, tile, etc as well as acoustical ceilings
• Assists with various construction finishing activities, including framing, insulation, sheetrock finishing, painting, woodwork, etc.
• Performs grounds activities – utilizing both light and heavy equipment for both summer and winter grounds work
• Performs other related duties as requested and assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• High School diploma or GED
• Previous general maintenance and/or grounds experience
• Commercial construction experience in one of the following trades: carpentry, sheetrock installation, sheetrock finishing, painting, flooring, ceiling installation
• Snow removal equipment operation experience including plow trucks, skid steers, and larger equipment
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Physical Plant and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to use hand and power tools safely
• Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license
• Ability to communicate clear, concise verbal and written messages
• Ability to present a professional image
• Knowledge of safety equipment usage (e.g. AED, fire extinguishers, etc.), proper cleaning methods, and safety measures essential to the work environment
• Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes related to the use of cleaning agents, environmental/hazardous waste, waste management, and recycling policies and regulations
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4981573
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.