FNP Clinical Competence Coordinator
University of Mary
FNP Clinical Competence Coordinator
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for a part-time FNP Clinical Competence Coordinator.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see https://www.umary.edu/about/mission-identity).
• Provides comprehensive oversight to clinical competence of family nurse practitioner students through responsibilities listed below:
• Support the physical examination portion of the FNP admission process
• Approve FNP student clinical placements for adequacy and appropriateness of clinical setting and preceptor qualification in relationship to clinical course objectives
• Supervise and support student and faculty work associated with clinical experiences (i.e., clinical objectives, dictations, Typhon utilization, clinical hours) for timeliness, completeness, and advancement
• Support clinical faculty development of clinical evaluation of the students clinical experience and competence (i.e., Typhon, clinical objectives, dictations, hot seat competencies)
• Manage Hot Seat Competency experiences (assign cases, develop competency schedule, schedule space, track student exposure to individual cases, monitor student progression and achievement of competency, plan faculty for testing environments, support faculty evaluation of student performance, provide feedback to students, facilitate remediation and retesting)
• Review and revise repository of clinical hot seat cases for currency and diversity
• Develop new cases for the Hot Seat Competency library maintained on the shared nursing drive
• Prepare learning contracts for students failing to demonstrate achievement of clinical competence expectations
• Coordinate communication and completion of clinical site visits with preceptors and students
• Provide support to the Graduate Clinical Placement Liaison for compilation of reports
• Summary of preceptors and clinical agencies utilized
• Clinical activity of FNP students
• Clinical site and preceptor utilization
• Summary report of findings from:
• clinical site visits
• clinical site evaluations by students
• preceptor evaluations of student performance
• Fulfill workload requirements with teaching load
• Participate in monthly graduate program meetings and Annual Program Assessment Days
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
• Required: Terminal degree
• Preferred: Doctor of Nursing Practice
• Required: Current unencumbered APRN licensure in the State of North Dakota and the state practicing if applicable
• Meet criteria as set forth by accrediting and approving bodies
• Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to operate computer systems (i.e., word, excel, student management software and web database of the clinical tracking system)
• Affinity for relationship building among students and the community of healthcare professionals
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Saint Gianna School of Health Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/O1PdpLjyNk/FNP-Clinical-Competence-Coordinator to apply. Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Teaching Portfolio if applicable, (4) Teaching Evaluations, (5) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) Three letters of recommendation. Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3022828
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.