Graduate Assistant Football Coach – Outside Linebackers
The Graduate Assistant Football Coach assists the Head Football Coach with the coordination and preparation of the university’s football team, participating in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference as an NCAA Division II institution.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Recruits prospective student-athletes from an area designated by the recruiting coordinator. Includes making calls, visiting schools, hosting on campus, etc.
- Assists with monitoring the academic progress of student athletes
- Assists with opponent scouting, film breakdown, and creating scouting reports
- Assists with planning practices and preparing for games
- Assists with managing the program budget
- Assists with organizing football camps and clinics
- Assists with all compliance forms and record-keeping
- Attends community service events for both the football program and the athletic department
- Assists with planning and preparation of any on-campus recruiting visits involving prospective student-athletes
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules, standards, practices, and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer