The University of Mary is seeking applications for a Graduate Assistant for Archives and Records Management for Welder Library.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Performs arrangement and description of archival collections
· Enters descriptive information into archival collections database
· Creates guides and other reference tools to facilitate access to archival collections
· Inventories records and information resources in University administrative areas and develops formal records retention requirements governing retention, use, and disposition of University records and information
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate studies at the University of Mary
· Able to work independently and with a team of colleagues
· Working knowledge in the use of databases and Microsoft Office Suite applications
· A background in business, history, public history, library and information science and/or archival experience is preferred
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Excellent organization, communication (verbal and written), and human relation skills
· Experience with digital collection management software
· Expertise in most aspects of the library’s automated and on-line catalog systems, and knowledge of basic archival material processing
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
To apply from our University of Mary career page, scroll to the top to complete the required fields. Attach your cover letter and resume and click submit.
To apply from outside the University’s website, click this link https://20180131204703_mrqn5wkdjxdxcccb.applytojob.com/apply/SMUQYSUxV8/Graduate-Assistant-For-Archives-And-Records-Management or copy and paste it into your browser.
Files larger than 5MB cannot be uploaded. Any large attachments or any additional attachments, such as transcripts and letters of recommendation may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer