Graduate Assistant for Athletic Communications
University of Mary
Athletic Communications Graduate Assistant
The University of Mary is seeking a graduate assistant for Athletic Communications. The Athletic Communications Graduate Assistant assists in all aspects of sports information for the University of Mary: write press releases and feature stories; assist with gameday responsibilities from maintaining statistics to media coordination; create content and manage various social media platforms; create game programs and promotional items; maintenance of http://www.goumary.com; assist in the webcasting of events and other tasks as assigned. Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Writing press releases for media and stories for GoUMary.com
• Manage social media platforms, including content creation
• Assist in webcasting production of live events
• Maintain game-day statistics for multiple sports (football, volleyball, basketball, baseball, softball, Soccer)
• Website maintenance
• Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Required: Bachelor’s degree required and full-time enrollment in a graduate program
• Required: Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate Studies at the University of Mary
• Experience in creating all forms of media content (written, visual, video) for use on GoUMary.com, various social media platforms, promotional items, and more
• Degree in communication/journalism, public relations, sports management or a related field
• Experience working in a sports information office, college athletic environment or university public relations office
• StatCrew and NCAA LiveStats gameday statistical software experience
• Social media knowledge
• Demonstrated skills in desktop publishing, photo editing and graphic design using Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop)
• Demonstrated writing ability (feature stories, news releases)
• Understanding of photography and videography
• Prior experience working in collegiate sports information/athletics or university public relations office
• The successful candidate will possess a good work ethic, attention to detail, ability to manage sensitive and confidential student information, and a familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
This position also includes:
• Graduate Tuition waiver
• A stipend is provided
• A partial meal plan is provided
In keeping with the University’s strategic plan Vision 2030, this position requires thoughtful commitment to the University’s unique philosophy of collegiate athletics (please see the Athletic Strategic Plan https://goumary.com/documents/2019/8/19/Athletic_Strategic_plan.pdf). Candidates will want to demonstrate clearly in their application materials both an ability and a willingness to understand and champion this vision, which is the bringing together of sport and true virtue.
University of Mary Marauders Athletics
The University of Mary is a member of NCAA Division II and the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and offers ten varsity sports for women and eight for men. U-Mary became an active member of the NCAA in 2007. The Marauders began competing in the NSIC in the fall of 2006.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3954863
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.