Graduate Assistant for Athletic Training
University of Mary
Graduate Assistant Athletic Training
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is inviting applications for a Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer. The University of Mary Department of Athletic Training and Kinesiology has partnered with CHI St. Alexius Health in Bismarck to provide Graduate Assistant opportunities. The successful candidate needs to be a Certified Athletic Trainer through the BOC and licensed in the state of ND in good standing.
The candidate will perform the athletic training services at outside community venues and for other contracted organizations and events. This is a 20 hour per week position.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Provide prevention, recognition, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries
• Utilize appropriate, sound, up-to-date clinical techniques and best practices to effectively assess and treat athletic injuries
• Maintain a code of conduct in keeping with the Benedictine values, the institutional goals of the University of Mary, the Standards of Professional Practice, and the guidelines established by the NATA Code of Ethics
• Be a positive and identifiable ambassador of the company during contracted work times and throughout the school year
• Assist with athletic training practicals, competencies, and/or research projects as assigned
• Provide patient and community education in the areas of sports injury prevention and care
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Must be a successful candidate for the MS in Kinesiology degree at the University of Mary
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Health Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. The Athletic Training Program is CAATE accredited in good standing.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
To apply click https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/JfCDBYZ941/Graduate-Assistant-For-Athletic-Training or visit umary.edu.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3022871
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.