Graduate Assistant for Exercise Physiology
University of Mary
Graduate Assistant for the Exercise Physiology Department
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for a graduate assistant for the Exercise Physiology Department. This 8-month appointment is approximately 20 hours per week and begins September 2023, continues through April 2024, and has the possibility of being renewed for a second year.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Testing and providing supervised exercise services at the Exercise Clinics
• Assisting with exercise physiology laboratory classes including competency testing
• Assisting with the Exercise Physiology Club
• Supervision of Personalized Exercise Program (PEP) assessment and implementation
• Data entry for Exercise Clinic, PEP, and Program Alumni Databases
• Marketing efforts including working the EXS and CEP booth, speaking to high school and undergrad college students about the programs, and assisting in a needs analysis project for CEPs in the region
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor of Science degree, major in Exercise Science.
• Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate Studies at the University of Mary.
• Preference will be given to graduate students accepted into the University of Mary Master of Science Clinical Exercise Physiology Program (MSCEP).
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the department of Exercise Physiology and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
The University of Mary Exercise Physiology Department consists of the Exercise Science Program, Bachelor of Science degree, and Clinical Exercise Physiology Program, Master of Science degree. Both programs in the department involve a clinical emphasis in the curriculum, practice standards and domains published by the American College of Sports Medicine, research experience, and fieldwork/internship experience. The Department of Exercise Physiology also serves the community via a pro bono Exercise Clinic, staffed by graduate and undergraduate students and supervised by faculty.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. The Exercise Physiology Department is part of the School of Health Sciences. The School provides a stimulating academic environment with excellent collaborative relationships with the other programs such as exercise science, athletic training, clinic exercise physiology, kinesiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, speech language pathology, and respiratory care.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4066669
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.