Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is looking for a Graduate Assistant Men’s Basketball coach. The University of
Mary is a NCAA DII member.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
Provides assistance to the Head and Assistant Coach for Men’s Basketball with activities and essential daily work associated with the program and student athletes including, but not limited to:
· On-the-floor coaching
· Video work
· Study Hall
· Community Involvement
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Must possess the passion to be a highly transformational coach
· Desire to mentor, serve and lead our student athletes
· Possess the knowledge and commitment to facilitate and guide spiritual development
· Possess the drive to recruit and develop great players
· Knowledgeable about the game of basketball with the ability to demonstrate and perform duties on the floor
· Working knowledge of NCAA rules, standards, practices and procedures
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate Studies at the University of Mary. This position also includes Graduate Tuition, stipend and partial meal plan.
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Click here to apply.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer