Graduate Assistant Track & Field Coach – Long Jump, Triple Jump, Hurdles
University of Mary
Graduate Assistant Track & Field Coach
Emphasis in 1) Long Jump, Triple Jump and 2) Sprints/Hurdles with Experience at the Collegiate Level of Athletics in these event areas.
The University of Mary, a Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine institution, located in Bismarck, ND, is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant Track & Field Coach. The University of Mary, an NCAA Division II institution, competes in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference. This graduate assistant coach will assist the Director of Cross Country and Track & Field/ Head Cross Country and Track & Field Coach with all aspects of the program. Experience in the following events is mandatory: Emphasis in Long Jump, Triple Jump/Sprints and Hurdles with Experience at the Collegiate Level of Athletics in these event areas.
This position will also have a strong emphasis in recruiting. Previous experience as a track & field athlete or coach is required. This is a graduate assistant position that includes full tuition waiver of all classes required for a Master’s Degree at the University of Mary, a stipend of $3,750/ Annually, and 75 meals/ semester in the University of Mary On-Campus Dining Center.
A key responsibility is the enthusiastic implementation of and personal investment in the University’s https://goumary.com/documents/2019/8/19/Athletic_Strategic_plan.pdf?id=1330 whole-person development model.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
• Understanding the “Greatness Through Virtue” core strategies and being able to facilitate the growth of our Scholar-Athletes in the virtues of academic life.
• Recruiting NCAA Division II academically qualified student-athletes, this includes: passing the NCAA recruiting test, filing proper NCAA recruiting paperwork, preparing mailings, helping to set up campus visits, maintain recruiting database, emailing, texting, and phone calls to prospective recruits.
• Assist Director of Cross Country and Track & Field/ Head Cross Country and Track & Field Coach in all aspects of the program.
• Assist in home meet management.
• Experience with social media – Twitter & Facebook (for recruiting and fundraising).
• Driving vans and buses to competitions.
• Daily office work.
• NCAA Compliance responsibilities.
• Monitoring and responsibility for academic progress of student-athletes.
• Daily practice Monday through Sunday/ Meets as Scheduled. (home & away).
• Some overnight travel involved (evening and weekend work will be expected).
• Training implementation of long jump, triple jump, and high jump events. Design will be encouraged as needed.
• Strong communication skills, initiative and good judgment are essential.
Required Qualifications: Relevant competition and/or coaching experience with emphasis in Long Jump, Triple Jump/ Sprints and Hurdles. Bachelor’s Degree is required. A valid driver’s license and CDL Certification will be required (we will provide education and cost of CDL upon arrival to campus). CPR/ AED certification will also be required within one month of start date (we will provide training and certification). The ability and willingness to travel and work nights and weekends as necessary are also required.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/3uMkuroWc1/Graduate-Assistant-Track-Field-Coach-Long-Jump-Triple-Jump-Hurdles to apply.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3022735
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.