Graduate Assistant Women’s Softball
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is inviting applications for a Graduate Assistant for Women’s Softball for fall 2021. This position offers hands-on work/coaching experience for young coaches aspiring to work with athletes at the college level. A meal plan, stipend and graduate school tuition is included.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Duties, Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree and acceptance/enrollment in a graduate program
- Prefer experience playing and/or coaching at the collegiate level or higher
- Prefer experience in working with pitchers and catchers
- Assist in practice planning and organization
- Travel to recruit potential student athletes
- Team travel duties include travel itineraries and meal planning
- Assist in day-to-day operations of player development
- Assist in the execution of running organized team and individual practices
- Assist in camps and clinics on and off campus
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and compliance
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. The Athletic Training Program is CAATE accredited in good standing.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer