Graduate Clinical Placement Liaison
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Graduate Clinical Placement Liaison. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Nursing in the Graduate Nursing division of the Saint Gianna School of Health Sciences. Duties include the coordination, record management, documentation, and reporting of clinical placement for graduate nursing students.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
· Coordinates overall management of all graduate nursing clinical placements
· Understand placement guidelines/policies and support students in adhering to the policies
· Seek validation from respective program coordinators and/or FNP Clinical Competence Coordinator for approval of potential clinical placement based on factors of clinical site characteristics and preceptor qualifications as related to clinical course objectives
· Employ a variety of strategies (query alumni, make cold calls, network with other health discipline faculty and staff, develop relationships with educational staff of health settings, etc.) to identify new settings and professionals that could serve as potential placements for those difficult to establish clinical placements
· Arrange for and assure timely signing for all agency and preceptor agreements
· Utilize project management application (Monday.com) as a tool for communication with students and faculty about the status of clinical placements and status of FNP clinical hour breakdown for individual students
· Maintain course databases, containing information related to each student’s placement, applicable affiliation agreements, and preceptor contact information
· Utilize CastleBranch to track information on the status of student immunizations, certifications, and background checks, notifying students when updates are needed
· Prepare, under guidance of Associate Dean of Nursing, clinical placement documents for program assessment and self-study reports to accreditation and regulatory bodies
· Provide management of Typhon clinical tracking system:
Serve as point of contact for graduate nursing students
Manage clinical site and preceptor information
Administer, collect, and collate results of Typhon student and clinical site evaluation data
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· High School diploma is required
· AA, AS, or BS degree preferred
· Healthcare background is preferred
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Health Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to operate computer systems (i.e., word, excel, student management software and web database of the clinical tracking system). Affinity for relationship building among students and the community of healthcare professionals. Ability to work in a self-directed manner, adhering to deadlines and protocols set by third-party hospitals/clinical sites.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer