Graduate Counseling Faculty Position
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified candidates for a Graduate Counseling Faculty position in the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences. This position is a 11-month full-time faculty rank position that includes teaching and other assigned duties in the Graduate Counseling Program. This position is directly responsible to the Chair of the Graduate Counseling Program and Program Director in the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences and officially begins in the fall of 2021.
The Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences offers master’s programs in School Counseling, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and Addiction Counseling. The graduate programs in the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences has a total enrollment of approximately 400 students. The Graduate Counseling Program has an annual enrollment of approximately 70 students.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php).
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications, experience, and rank.
- Teaching graduate course in the Graduate Counseling Program
- Assisting with the analysis of Assessment Data within the Graduate Counseling Program for student and program evaluation
- All roles and responsibilities associated with a full-time faculty appointment
- Miscellaneous academic duties, as assigned by the Chair of the Graduate Counseling Program
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
- Required: Earned Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision
- Preferred: Evidence of successful teaching at the graduate level in distance education settings. Knowledge of the CACREP standards and accreditation process. Experience as either a Clinical Mental Health Counselor, Master level Addiction Counselor, or Professional School Counselor. Ability to travel to the university at least once a semester for trainings and required meetings. Availability for meetings during the day with faculty and students. Availability for teaching night synchronous courses (typically between the hours of 4:30 – 9:00 pm CST)
- Required: Licensed or licensure eligible as either a Clinical Mental Health Counselor, Master level Addiction Counselor, or Professional School Counselor. Professional identity as a counselor.
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Liffrig School of Education and Behavioral Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people. The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Follow this link to the University of Mary career page, complete the required fields, and attach your letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and three references.
Additional attachments or anything larger than 5MB may be sent to email@example.com or mail to:
Human Resources Department
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer