Graduate Faculty – School of Business
University of Mary
Graduate Faculty – School of Business
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND, invites applications for a Graduate Faculty member for the Gary Tharaldson School of Business. The Graduate Faculty member is primarily responsible for teaching at the doctoral level, as well as master’s courses. Additionally, this position will have oversight of the dissertation chairs/committee members, as well as serving as a dissertation chair/committee member, assisting with assessment and accreditation processes, and engaging in scholarly research and service to the University.
The appointee makes recommendations to the DBA Coordinator and/or the Graduate Program Chair on matters related to curriculum, programs, instruction, committee assignments, and other related academic concerns. This position shares the academic responsibilities and privileges of a full-time faculty.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see https://www.umary.edu/about/mission-identity).
• Teaching master and doctoral level courses
• Assisting with the revision and development of curriculum at the master’s and doctoral levels
• Oversight of dissertation chair/committees
• Chairing Dissertation Committees and serving as dissertation committee member as needed
• Participating in assessment, program review, and accreditation processes
• Assisting Dissertation Chairs and graduate students with the development of appropriate research methodologies and designs
• The Graduate Faculty Member Position assists the DBA Coordinator, Graduate Program Chair, and Enrollment Services with the recruitment efforts for GTSB Graduate Programs
• Continues to develop professionally through involvement in scholarship, creative
• work, meetings, conferences, workshops, and courses
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
• Earned terminal degree in a field related to those offered within the School
• A Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) is preferred
• Evidence of the development of a scholarly research agenda
• Experience chairing dissertation committees
• Experience teaching at the Doctoral and Master’s levels
• Experience applying statistical research methodologies, including qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Gary Tharaldson School of Business and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Teaching Portfolio, (4) Teaching Evaluations, (5) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) Three letters of recommendation. Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4215818
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.