University of Mary
The Grant Coordinator serves the Office of Mission Advancement by coordinating and overseeing the grant application and management process including identifying potential new funding sources for existing and proposed programs and/or services, writing grant and donation proposals, collaborating on grant applications with various colleges and/or community organizations, and assisting as needed with interim and final reports.
A major function of this position is to assist faculty in submission and pre-award administration of grants and contracts and annual progress reports. Additionally, the Grant Coordinator assists the Director of Mission Advancement with writing and preparing presentations and providing support to the University of Mary.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Write and submit federal and foundation grant and donation proposals in collaboration with Mission Advancement personnel, faculty, staff, and community partners, communicating and verifying approval from university stakeholders
• Coordinate grant application process with individual faculty, staff, community partners and research groups. Consult with faculty, advising them on the process of researching and applying for external funding using the UMary grant portal, the electronic grant concept form, and following UMary grant policies and procedures. Identify needs and align funding opportunities with program and research goals. Provide training as needed through classroom instruction, faculty learning communities, faculty research groups and individual consultation.
• Research and maintain database of University, School, and department funding needs as well as potential grants and funders closely aligned with university priorities
• Maintain proposal files and databases to track status of grant and donation proposals under development, pending notification, current, completed, and denied. Maintain a boilerplate file of information frequently requested by funders.
• Assist in the coordination and administration of the internal Faculty Research Grant program
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Required: Bachelor’s degree
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Mass Communication
• Required: Minimum of three years marketing or grant writing
• Preferred: Five years of documented success in previous grant writing
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Mission Advancement and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Planning and managing projects
• Operating standard office equipment
• Preparing and maintaining accurate records
• Utilizing pertinent software applications
• Articulate writing, specifically grant writing
• Understanding the university’s needs and priorities
• Fund accounting
• Successful grant writing techniques best practices
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3807766
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.