Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
University of Mary
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
The Head Strength and Conditioning Coach develops and administers sport-specific strength training programs for university athletic programs, focusing on injury prevention, performance training, and nutritional planning. The appointee also coordinates athletic programs’ use of training facilities and monitors the program budget.
A key responsibility is the enthusiastic implementation of and personal investment in the University’s https://goumary.com/documents/2019/8/19/Athletic_Strategic_plan.pdf whole-person development model.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Develops, implements, and monitors sport-specific strength training programs and sport-specific speed, agility, and conditioning programs for teams and individual athletes
• Works in partnership with administration, coaching staff, and athletic training staff to provide an integrated program of injury prevention, performance training, and nutritional planning
• Coordinates training facilities, equipment maintenance, and budget monitoring
• Monitors the weight room and safe lifting techniques of student athletes when possible
• Develops and implements summer programs designed to increase student athletes’ performance
• Ensures compliance with policies and rules of the university, NSIC, NCAA
• Represents the department on various campus-wide committees and represents the university at NCAA and NSIC conferences as required/requested
• Oversees all aspects of program management
• Oversees program camps and conferences held on campus
• Administers program contracts
• Assists in the overall programming and success of the Marauders Armada
• Performs related duties as assigned by Exec. Director of Athletics
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field
• Preferred: Master’s Degree in Kinesiology or related field
• Required: minimum of 5 years collegiate experience, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S.) through National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified through Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (S.C.C.C.), First aid and CPR Certified.
• Preferred: Other certifications in the field (USA Weightlifting, Functional Movement Systems, Reflexive Performance Reset, among others)
• Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Athletics and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills include:
• Understanding of human anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics
• Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
• Strong organization, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Enthusiasm and capacity for self-motivation
• Excellent communication skills
• Competency in current popular Social Media platforms
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and web-based applications
• Understanding the compliance of NCAA rule and regulations
• Ability to develop strong relationships within the University and Bismarck-Mandan area
• Clear commitment to the development of the athletic and academic success of the student-athlete
• Demonstrate understanding of the “Greatness Through Virtue” strategic plan
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4791047
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.