Maintenance and Project Manager
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for a Maintenance and Project Manager position in the Office of Physical Plant. This position is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of daily maintenance of university facilities are performed to a high level and are continuously improving in order to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable environment for students, faculty, and staff. Key responsibilities include daily management of the maintenance staff, as well as assisting in all aspects of the project process from planning, estimating, executing, and close out.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Coordinates improvement projects from inception to successful close-out and transition to active use including but not limited to:
Develops project scope, plan, and redesign, coordinating with internal constituents, architects, engineers, builders, and other team members
Performs estimating for proposed future projects
Develop and manage project budgets, assisting with setting the final project budgets, maintaining up-to-date project budgets versus actuals, and recommending alternatives within budgetary constraints
Manages the procurement process, including the preparation of bid documents, approval of drawings and schedules, review of change order requests, review of consultants and contractors work, and review and approval of invoices for compliance with project scope and specifications
Maintains accurate project files and schedules, project manuals, warranty documents, and contract documents and drawings
Manages project communication by developing reports, memoranda, letters, and other documents regarding project status for both internal and external distribution, preparing and making presentations as needed
Provides oversight to ensure operational cost management, compliance with project timelines and requirements, and maintenance of performance and quality standards, resolving issues as they arise
Conducts project close-out activities, conducting project debriefing reviews and coordinating the training of maintenance staff related to newly completed projects
Provides technical leadership for design, installation, control, and programming of all building systems including but not limited to HVAC, lighting, fire alarm, access control and alarm, water, and other building systems as needed
Develops controls and procedures to monitor work order reports for the assurance of effective and timely evaluation, assignment, completion, and close-out of routine and preventative maintenance of all facilities management and work production; identifies service improvement opportunities
Directs and evaluates all maintenance staff, ensuring staff receive appropriate training, development opportunities, and performance evaluations. Performs regular maintenance observations and provides feedback to improve performance as needed. Builds a culture of hospitality within the service that we perform
Assures all work activities completed by university and contracted staff are completed in compliance with applicable codes and standards, as well as meeting university expectations related to quality and professionalism
Supports planning by participating in the university master planning process, individual project planning processes, departmental strategic planning and prioritization, and performing observations throughout the university to identify areas requiring resources
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction project management, or other related field; or master’s level licensure in appropriate building trade.
· Eight or more years of progressively more responsible experience in building management and operations, with three or more years of supervisory experience, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position required
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Physical Plant and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Knowledge of required safety measures for the work environment, including campus and fire/life safety procedures and building code
· Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes related to construction activities
· Knowledge of inventory management principles and practices
· Knowledge of capital construction project management principles, processes, systems, and techniques
· Proven leadership and managerial skills with a large diverse workforce
· Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively and to effectively communicate ideas and information with university faculty, staff, administrators, and governing boards
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Attentiveness to detail
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications as well as project management applications
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer