University of Mary
The Ministry Coordinator coordinates planning and preparation for liturgies and other religious services, weddings, special events, and educational programming. This position performs a wide range of administrative support tasks needed for the efficient day-to-day operation of the University Ministry program.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Coordinates the departments marketing efforts, supervises design and layout of promotional materials (both print and electronic) needed for events and activities and serves as University Ministry’s liaison to the Creative Services Department
• Provides training and supervision of student employees who assist with liturgies and religious services, special events and educational programming and manages student employment efforts
• Develops and maintains electronic databases and filing systems for the department
• Answers, screens, and transfers inbound phone calls and requests for information. Handles incoming and outgoing mail.
• Monitors department expenditure reports
• Schedules and coordinates department meetings, prepares agendas, and takes meeting minutes
• Performs a variety of administrative support tasks and business office processes. Maintains office supply inventory.
• Receives and directs visitors and answers general inquiries
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• This position requires that the candidate is a practicing Roman Catholic who is able to demonstrate an understanding of the basic tenants of the faith as well as the goals and purposes of a Catholic university ministry program.
• Prior experience in planning an coordinating liturgies, special events and educational programming is preferred.
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Student Development and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to discern the requirements to successfully plan and coordinate Eucharistic Liturgies, special events, and educational programming
• Possess an understanding of the spiritual formation needs of university students
• Attention to detail
• Ability to organize workflow in a self-directed manner
• Exceptional interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to design creative promotional materials for special events
• Ability to create and maintain databases and filing systems
• Ability to present a professional image in all telephone and personal contacts
• Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Jenzabar
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3707222
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.