The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for a full-time Purchasing Clerk. The Purchasing Clerk is responsible for the daily processing of all purchase orders, managing the online purchasing platform and placing orders with vendors and suppliers.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Monitors online purchasing platform, including preparing and editing purchase orders
· Coordinates vendor relationships, including searching for ways to reduce costs and evaluate purchasing costs from various suppliers
· Places orders with suppliers or vendors while ensuring that documentation is in order
· Issues and maintains credit cards and credit card limits. Reviews, reconciles, and codes credit card statements and supporting documents
· Completes vendor and credit applications
· Sends tax exempt certificates and W-9s in a timely manner
· Records and processes travel advances
· Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Required: An associate’s degree in business or related field with 3 years of related experience.
· Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and discretion in all matters related to the Office of Financial Affairs and associated areas of responsibility
· Ability to represent the Office of Financial Affairs with integrity and a high level of professionalism
· Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations and individuals
· Must possess strong organizational skills and an ability to set priorities and exercise sound independent judgement within areas of responsibility
· Ability to understand, interpret, explain, and apply rules and policies applicable to areas of responsibility
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Financial Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer