University of Mary
The University of Mary is seeking a full-time Reference Librarian to staff the reference desk at the Welder Library, located on our main campus in Bismarck, ND. The Reference Librarian oversees the graduate assistant with social media and library displays as well as creating and maintaining LibGuides and citation guides for the various programs on campus. Must have the ability to work evenings or weekends.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Reference: Managing reference activities including staffing the reference desk and guiding students, faculty, and staff in the use of the library’s physical and electronic collections; meet with students and/or faculty one-on-one or in groups for research appointments. Oversee the circulation desk as needed.
• Information Literacy: Creating/maintaining LibGuides, providing back-up for instruction sessions, demonstrating how to best utilize the library’s physical and electronic collections, and teaching students research strategies and ethical research concepts.
• Outreach: Library programming, creating handouts and mini collections for campus events, liaising to academic departments and student groups, administering and creating content for library social media. Serve on campus and professional committees and engage with other campus departments.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Required: Bachelor’s degree with appropriate formal training or equivalent work experience in a library environment
• Preferred: Master’s degree
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4115784
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.