University of Mary
The Residence Director supervises Resident Assistants, coordinates residential programming, and responds to on-call situations as they arise. In addition, the Residence Director oversees administrative processes within their hall, educates students on community standards, and supports the University’s retention efforts by closely monitoring and supporting students in their care.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Hires, trains, supervises, and mentors a team of resident assistants as they develop as student leaders and serve their residents
• Identifies, plans, coordinates, and assesses residential programming to meet the developmental and formative needs of residents
• Supports the University’s student retention goals by closely monitoring the adjustment and progress of residents
• Educates residents about the University’s community standards and provides for the effective enforcement of community standards
• Documents and reports all safety and security incidents and concerns to supervisors
• Provides on-call coverage and responds to crisis situations, emergencies, and other urgent situations as appropriate. While on-call, supports the University’s vision for dining to ensure we are striving to delight our students and our guests
• Provides effective management to ensure that all administrative processes are effectively implemented and completed according to prescribed procedures
• Attends residence life staff meetings, meetings with supervisors as scheduled, and leads RA staff meetings, taking appropriate direction to implement policies and procedures
• Ensures the University’s standards for care of the physical environment of the residence hall are maintained
• Serves on university committees, task forces, and other roles as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Required: Bachelor’s degree
• Required: Prior experience leading students or student groups and the ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of the developmental and formative needs of university students as it relates to the University of Mary’s mission and Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine identity.
• Preferred: A master’s degree in a program that provides a substantial background to understand the developmental needs of university students (e.g., Catholic Studies, Theology, Philosophy, Student Affairs, Higher Education Leadership, Education, Behavioral Sciences).
• Preferred: Prior experience as a Residence Life professional (e.g., Graduate Assistant, Assistant Residence Director or Residence Director). The ability to commit to a minimum of two years in the position if hired.
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of the XXXXXXX and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• The ability to serve as an effective leader, role model, and mentor. A working knowledge of the development and formative needs of university students. The ability to communicate effectively, to prepare professional reports and documentation, maintain appropriate budget records, and make professional presentations using computers, projectors, and other electronic tools. The ability to set and achieve goals. A working understanding of assessment and evaluation. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications. The ability to recruit, train, direct, and supervise student employees. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage and relate effectively with students from diverse backgrounds. Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff, and administrators as part of a university community.
• This position requires a two-year commitment. Position responsibilities require the appointee to live in a small apartment located within one of the residential facilities that the RD is assigned to supervise. In addition, the University provides the RD and his/her spouse and minor children with a meal plan with the expectation that the RD will frequently eat meals with students in the Crow’s Nest and/or Marauder’s Cove.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4771292
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.