Residence Director – Women’s Hall
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND currently has an opening for a Residence Director for a women’s hall. Anticipated start date is May 1, 2021.
Residing in an apartment located within the residence hall, the Residence Director (RD) provides dynamic leadership for development and successful implementation of a unique residence life program designed to address the formative and developmental needs of residents as a part of the University of Mary’s Education for the Whole of Life student experience.
As servant leader, teacher, and mentor, the RD actively engages the residents in building a student community with the residence hall. The RD works in close collaboration with other departments and programs at the university to maintain a culture within the residence hall that is welcoming for all students and provides encouragement and support for residents to form friendships, to learn, to grow in one’s faith, to avoid negative and destructive activities, to become involved in campus life, and to serve others.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Provides leadership as a residence life professional to successfully create and maintain a residence life culture consistent with the university’s mission and values
- Supervises and mentors a team of resident assistants to assist each member to achieve their performance goals
- Documents and reports all security issues and concerns to supervisors
- Provides on-call coverage to respond to crisis situations
- Provides administrative management, such as room check-ins and outs, maintenance issues, roommate conflicts, and safety concerns
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Student Development and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A minimum of 1 year of previous residence life or student life experience is required
- Understanding of the developmental and formative needs of undergraduate students
- Ability to be an effective leader, role model and mentor
- Ability to communicate effectively, prepare professional reports and documentation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please apply here at Umary.edu or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/x1g55vcz72/Residence-Director-For-A-Womens-Hall.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer