Skills and Simulation Lab Technician
University of Mary
Skills and Simulation Lab Technician
The Skills and Simulation Lab Technician supports the Division of Nursing faculty in the implementation of the simulation and skills lab curriculum for undergraduate and graduate nursing students.
All faculty and staff are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see https://www.umary.edu/about/mission-identity).
• Models professional standards including customer service, collaboration, communication, and attendance
• Monitor and assure appropriate standards of lab cleanliness
• Assist Simulation Coordinator, nursing skills faculty, students, and Standardized Patients with skills and simulation lab schedules
• Maintain current knowledge of simulation equipment catalogs and operation manuals.
• Maintain and coordinate manufacturer maintenance requests for equipment, supplies, and environments within the skills and simulation lab including needs related to manikins, software, and equipment as needed.
• Perform basic preventative maintenance, repairs, and up-grades of skills lab and simulation lab equipment
• Prepare order requests, receive, catalog, and maintain orderly storage of supplies, materials, and equipment; maintain inventory, ensuring adequate quantities are available
• Ensure safety and maintain OSHA standards within the simulation and skills lab; to include appropriate disposal of hazardous waste and sharps
• Assist with coordination and management of skills and simulation lab daily operations including setup and dismantling of materials, equipment, and technology involved in simulation and skills labs (High, mid, and low fidelity manikins, skills trainers, audio-visual systems, electronic health record, moulage, props, and supplies)
• Operates simulation manikins and programs software to model simulators’ physiological responses based on priorities identified by simulation faculty
• Assists with training faculty and serves as a resource to faculty in the use of skills lab and simulation lab equipment
• Conducts tours and simulation sessions for internal/external groups and/or individuals
• Serves as standardized patient for UG and GR learning experiences
• Attends seminars, conferences, or continuing education to maintain currency with simulation technology
• Attends Division of Nursing meetings as required
• This position requires lifting up to 50 lbs or more. Transferring manikins from cart to bed. Handling objects, tools, and controls. Reaching, bending, stooping, and sitting for long periods.
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
• Current valid certification/registration in a health-related field (i.e., Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), etc.) and one year of full-time experience in direct patient care and/or one year of full-time experience in the programming, operation, and maintenance of simulation based medical learning systems.
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Saint Gianna School of Health Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4804664
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.