Student Involvement Coordinator
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for a Student Involvement Coordinator. The Student Involvement Coordinator creates a culture of student engagement through mission-centric programming and student involvement initiatives. Guided by Vision 2030 and the Student Development Strategic Plan, the Student Involvement Coordinator will create co-curricular experiences that provide students the opportunity to find belonging, develop leadership skills, and exercise creativity through the programming process. A successful Student Involvement Coordinator will be creative, exercise initiative, commit to being a visible presence on campus, and pursue a vision of Student Life that deeply connects with the University of Mary’s mission and Benedictine Values.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Provide supervision, leadership, and oversight to the Marauders Activities Committee. Ensure MAC programs have purpose, proper execution, appropriate marketing, and assessment.
· Develop, manage, and administratively support a vibrant student organization program, supporting students in the creation and growth of a diverse portfolio of student organizations.
· Craft a student leadership program, which includes training and leadership development opportunities for student organizations officers, the Marauders Activities Committee, and other student leaders on campus.
· Manage, update, and publish relevant policies and procedures for student organizations.
· Serve on various committees and task forces as assigned including the Welcome Week Committee, Homecoming Committee, Student Development Council, and the Awards Banquet Committee.
· Collaborate with other members of Student Development, Community Relations, Dining Services, and Physical Plant to achieve Student Life objectives.
· Partner with the University’s compliance officer to ensure that all Student Life programs follow university policy and federal and state mandates.
· Serve as a resource for student inquiries in the Student Involvement Center and develop knowledge of and relationships with campus partners.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
· Preference will be given to applicants with a master’s degree in higher education leadership, student affairs, business, marketing, or another field closely related to the position responsibilities.
· Experience in planning, coordinating, marketing, and assessing successful, innovative, and mission-centric programs is required. Preference will be given to applicants with at least two years of experience with student activities and student organizations in a higher education environment.
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Student Development and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Understanding of the relationship between the University of Mary’s Christian, Catholic and Benedictine mission, identity and values and the leadership needed for a vibrant student activities program as a key component of the university’s student culture. Demonstrated ability to plan, develop and coordinate a variety of creative and effective activities and programs for students. Ability to assess and evaluate program effectiveness and to implement a plan for continuous improvement of the program.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer