Summer Camps & Conferences Staff
This position serves as seasonal staff to support the needs of Summer Camps & Conferences hosted at the University of Mary in Bismarck, ND. This employee supports the events staff with preparation of residence halls, hospitality for on-campus guests, and many additional responsibilities related to the successful preparation and execution of Summer Camps & Conferences. Duties of the Summer Camps & Conferences Staff include providing support to the Director of Community Relations and appointed Residence Life Staff, assisting in daily camp needs, providing hospitality and service to our guests, as well as assigned administrative tasks related to Summer Camps & Conferences. A successful Summer Camps & Conferences Staff should participate in ensuring the efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of Summer Camps & Conferences.
The ideal candidate should have a heart of service, an eye for details, a sense of responsibility, and strong organizational skills.
Candidate must be available to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends from April 26, 2021 until July 31, 2021 over the course of 14 weeks.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for assisting with Residence Hall room preparation in anticipation of Summer Camps and Conferences guests; checking room for cleanliness and readiness; and reporting or correcting any issues, miscommunications, or assignment errors.
- Responsible for assisting with check-ins and check-outs for all Summer Camps and Conferences. Performs necessary check-in/out responsibilities; completing necessary paperwork, proper distribution of room keys, creation of Mcards, and other duties as assigned.
- Assists with coordination of related Summer Camp and Conferences activities; may need to be available on-call to assist with questions, concerns, or communication changes with regard to Summer Camps and Conferences.
- Provides Benedictine hospitality by greeting, welcoming, and directing Summer Campus & Conferences guests to the University of Mary. Exhibits a heart of service for the University of Mary and those it serves.
- Attends regular meetings related to Summer Camps and Conference duties. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing identified goals and tasks as needed.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Public Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Detail oriented with exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills needed to establish and maintain relationships with colleagues, guests, and all who visit the University of Mary throughout the summer.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work well as a team member and independently.
- Computer literacy including advanced use and understanding of Microsoft Office, email, Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Must be comfortable using or learning to use multimedia technologies.
- Understands and articulates campus policies and monitors compliance when serving external clients.
- Contributes to the professional tone of the University of Mary in dress and demeanor.
- Is able to work flexible and/or extended hours when required.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application: https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/Byy9u7qLvA/Summer-Camps-And-Conferences-Staff.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer