Workforce Development Department Assistant
The Workforce Development Department Assistant is responsible for managing projects for non-degree programs that meet today’s workforce needs; managing the University’s academic business partnership process; and playing a prominent role in coordinating logistics for Leadership North Dakota and Rising Leadership North Dakota camp. The Workforce Development Department Assistant ensures alignment of workforce projects and programs with the strategy and goals of the University and that all endeavors are accomplished on time, on budget and in pursuit of the desired outcomes.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Coordinates communication with other workforce development staff members, and other stakeholders, internal and external to the University, in the development, planning, and implementation of projects and programs.
· Manages the process to support enrollment business partners and communicates updates to internal stakeholders.
· Manages budgets, ensuring that the University exercises exceptional stewardship of resources.
· Creates and monitors project schedules and timelines while guiding projects to success
· Assists in scheduling logistics and communication schedules to ensure that project stakeholders remain informed of the project status and contribute feedback at appropriate intervals.
· Supports the University’s continuing education programming
· Leads the coordination and logistical organization of Leadership North Dakota and Rising Leadership North Dakota.
· Provides administrative support to the Executive Director of University of Mary Online.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Required: High School diploma with a minimum of three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
· Preferred: Associate’s degree with fives years directly related experience
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Enrollment Management and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Individual must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must effectively interact with prospective and current students, staff, organizations, business and all partners and contacts of the University of Mary.
· A strong customer service orientation.
· Ability to multi-task and work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
· Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
· Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Excel and Word, and ability to learn university-specific and video conferencing software.
· Ability to coordinate multiple projects while producing high quality work
· Some travel within North Dakota will be required
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer