The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Physical Plant department. This position is responsible for providing secretarial administrative support in a timely and effective manner.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Serves as initial point of contact for the Physical Plant department to all community members
· Answer phone calls, assist with community members questions, and transfer calls as needed
· Assist with sorting, organizing, filing, mailing and general process items within the office
· Create files and correspondence
· Manage purchase order and invoice processes in collaboration with the Business Office
· Create and maintain calendars for department, individuals, and spaces
· Create and maintain employee training and safety program files
· Create and maintain equipment, tool, and other physical asset inventory documents
· Monitor the work order system for urgent community needs, complete work orders related to signage and phone systems
· Collect and manage data, and provide data entry support for costs, schedules for work orders, maintenance projects, capital projects, custodial needs etc.
· Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in other departments
· Assists with administrative support to satellite locations as needed
· Assists with administrative support for travel and event logistics
· Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· As associate’s degree is required, with a bachelor’s degree closely related to the position’s responsibilities preferred
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
· Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with others
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Physical Plant and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license
· Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues
· Commitment to excellent customer service
· Ability to maintain positive disposition in midst of stressful and/or demanding situations
· Ability to safeguard the confidentiality of information and departmental administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, staff, vendors and other stakeholders when handling departmental records, files, and other confidential materials
· Ability to demonstrate the highest professional demeanor and ethics while representing the University
· Proven ability to communicate and listen effectively
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
To apply from our University of Mary career page, scroll to the top to complete the required fields. Attach your cover letter and resume and click submit.
To apply from outside the University’s website, click this link https://20180131204703_mrqn5wkdjxdxcccb.applytojob.com/apply/67EaaeZw3l/Administrative-Assistant-Physical-Plant or copy and paste it into your browser.
Files larger than 5MB cannot be uploaded. Any large attachments or any additional attachments, such as transcripts and letters of recommendation may be sent to email@example.com
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer