The University of Mary Athletic Department is seeking applicants for a Graduate Assistant for Sports Information – Videography. Responsibilities include; shooting game video and editing post-game highlights, conducting interviews, assisting or leading webcast production of live event coverage for Marauders athletic events, creating short-form video feature stories, commercials/PSAs and video board graphics, maintain the athletic department’s YouTube channel, help maintain the department’s www.GoUMary.com website, and assist with department’s social media needs. This position is open July 1, 2019.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Graduate Assistant positions also include:
· Graduate Tuition waiver
· A stipend is provided
· A partial meal plan is provided
Desired Minimum Knowledge and Skills and Qualifications Required:
· Video production experience
· Experience in an athletic department is preferred but not required
· Demonstrated skills in various software packages, such as Adobe Creative Suites (Premiere, Photoshop, etc.)
· Strong oral, written and social media communication skills
· The successful candidate will possess a good work ethic, attention to detail, ability to manage sensitive and confidential student information, and a familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate studies at the University of Mary
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
University of Mary Marauders Athletics
The University of Mary is a member of NCAA Division II and the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and offers nine varsity sports for women and eight for men. UMary became an active member of the NCAA in 2007. The process took only three years after the NCAA waived the final two provisional years, making the University of Mary’s transition to active membership one of the quickest in the organization’s history. The Marauders began competing in the NSIC in the fall of 2006.
Athletics at the University of Mary began in 1970 when Fritz Fell was brought on board to start a men’s basketball program. Al Bortke succeeded Fell in 1973 as the men’s basketball coach and athletic director and over the next 36 years would develop an athletic program that enjoyed tremendous success at the NAIA level and later in NCAA Division II. After achieving a record of 133-156 in 16 years as the men’s basketball coach that included 11 20-win seasons, Bortke became UMary’s first full-time athletic director in 1989. During Bortke’s tenure, UMary grew from one varsity sport (men’s basketball) to 19, as the Marauders athletic program became a national power in the NAIA. A member of both the Marauders and NAIA athletic halls of fame, Bortke spearheaded the University of Mary’s move to NCAA Division II.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
To apply from our University of Mary career page, scroll to the top to complete the required fields. Attach your cover letter and resume and click submit.
To apply from outside the University’s website, click this link https://20180131204703_mrqn5wkdjxdxcccb.applytojob.com/apply/wFBkvgS2zD/Graduate-Assistant-Sports-Information-Videographer or copy and paste it into your browser.
Files larger than 5MB cannot be uploaded. Any large attachments or any additional attachments, such as transcripts and letters of recommendation may be sent to email@example.com
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer