University of St. Thomas
Graduate Admissions Recruiter – MCTM Program
The University of St. Thomas (UST), a private Catholic University committed to the liberal arts and the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, located in Houston, Texas, near the vibrant central business district, Texas Medical Center, and museum district, is seeking applicants for a full-time Graduate Admissions Recruiter dedicated to the Master of Clinical Translation Program (MCTM). This position reports directly to the Assistant Vice President of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment Management.
The Graduate Admissions Recruiter work specifically to recruit for the Master of Clinical Translation Management program. The position will support the University of St. Thomas’ goal of increasing graduate enrollment by providing graduate program and admissions information to prospective students, while representing the university at onsite locations such as the Texas Medical Center, professional organizations, and partner institutions, both in Houston and in other Texas markets. The Graduate Admissions Recruiter will also hold on-campus information sessions to showcase the UST campus, faculty and culture to prospective students.
- Implement a comprehensive recruitment strategy within a specific territory or specific population of students and advise students on enrollment requirements.
- Meet specific graduate admissions and recruiting goals.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of university admission requirements, alignment with accrediting bodies, and policies and procedures in order to interpret those regarding admissions.
- Compile recruitment data and statistics and prepare regular and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Establish and nurture relationships with UST prospects, and maintain accurate, informative, and timely communications via phone and email.
- Plan and implement tactics to meet enrollment goals, such as making college recruitment visits, attending recruitment fairs, running online recruitment and information sessions, using social media to maintain contact with prospective students, hosting activities and events for students, and coordinating campus visits by prospective students.
- Identify and address ways to improve the prospective student’s experience and increase the yield rate.
- Schedule and arrange visits with prospective sources of applicants in order to expand the UST brand awareness.
- Audit student data and conducts statistical research to target population for recruitment and judge recruitment effectiveness.
- Make presentations to prospective students providing information about the benefits of an education from the department, university or area being represented at onsite locations and to on-campus visitors.
- Work in collaboration with MCTM administrators and faculty
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to meet the objectives and goals of UST.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an admissions and higher education recruiter preferably focused on graduate level degree programs.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business, or related field required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills.
- Intermediate proficiency level using Microsoft Office Products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Skilled at effectively facilitating meetings with excellent presentation skills.
- Travel to markets outside of the Houston metropolitan area will be required periodically to recruit potential students, attend special events, and attend related meetings.
- Direct experience with CRM systems a plus. The University of St. Thomas currently uses the Radius CRM, but will transitioning to Slate in the coming year.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
About University of St. Thomas
Our founding was inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, a 2,000-year-old practice of uniting faith and reason to explore the world. As a Catholic university, we develop future leaders of all faiths looking to make a positive impact on the world. And, we are the only academic institution in Minnesota to be designated a “Changemaker Campus,” meaning social innovation, entrepreneurship and caring for the common good are built into everything we do. Our three campuses in St. Paul, downtown Minneapolis and Rome, Italy, offer unique learning and living opportunities.
Full time benefit eligible position including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, retirement 403b plan, and tuition remission