University of St. Thomas
The University of St. Thomas (www.stthom.edu), a private Catholic university committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking a Catering Coordinator.
As a Catering Coordinator, you will hold duties related to sales/marketing, administration, and coordination for on and off premise catering events. The position entails a need for excellent attention to detail and communication skills; ability to multi-task on a variety of projects simultaneously, accurate distribution of pertinent information both internally to all departments as well as to clients and related vendors.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
• Inputs and maintains all reserve data for all events including inquiries, tentative and definite. Details function sheets with equipment needs and rental orders.
• Creates captain’s packets for each event including staff sheets, equipment pulls, beverage pulls, signage, expo sheets, etc. as needed and assures that captains are in receipt of packet.
• Creates buffet signage and printed menus as required for each event.
• Assembles and performs upkeep of organized event files including all correspondence, orders, invoices, payments, proposals, function sheets, etc.
• Processes certificate of insurance requests.
• Intakes inquiries including all pertinent event information client contact, date, time, format, number of guests, location, etc.
• Prepares proposals for events and submits staff requisitions.
• Supports sales initiatives through research, marketing interface, communications and sourcing
• Works with marketing department on materials and promotions.
• Assists with client walkthroughs of venue spaces and provides on-site sales representation at events as scheduled.
• Receives and processes all deposits.
• Reviews reserve financial entry to assure accurately forecasted and communicates with accounting on any needs, clarification, etc.
• Prepares final event invoicing and expense reports on a monthly basis.
• Assists in scheduling meetings, appointments, travel, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Experience in dining, catering and/or events.
• Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the business demands.
• Excellent communication, customer service, and organization skills.
• Proficient computer skills including MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Marketing is preferred.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
About University of St. Thomas
Our founding was inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, a 2,000-year-old practice of uniting faith and reason to explore the world. As a Catholic university, we develop future leaders of all faiths looking to make a positive impact on the world. And, we are the only academic institution in Minnesota to be designated a “Changemaker Campus,” meaning social innovation, entrepreneurship and caring for the common good are built into everything we do. Our three campuses in St. Paul, downtown Minneapolis and Rome, Italy, offer unique learning and living opportunities.
Full time benefit eligible position including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, retirement 403b plan, and tuition remission