The College’s Advancement Office is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to strengthen the organization’s advancement efforts. The Director of Donor Relations will work in close collaboration with the entire Advancement team to expand its current fundraising, with a particular focus on increasing the College’s base of active major donors.
The ideal candidate will excel at developing relationships with new major donor prospects, shepherding those relationships through the cultivation process, and stewarding them once their support has been solicited. The candidate must be well-versed in and able to communicate the College’s mission and the benefits of its educational model to a wide range of benefactors, and a deep understanding of and passion for liberal education is essential.
Ideally, the position will be based in Lander, though consideration will be given to a resident of a major metropolitan area.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Discover, cultivate, and solicit major gift benefactors for the College
- Manage portfolio of approximately one hundred prospects (individuals and foundations)
- Identify and research new candidates, and craft personalized plans for their cultivation
- Move prospects in a timely fashion toward solicitation, solicitate gifts in collaboration
with the entire Advancement team, and provide ongoing stewardship after solicitation
- Record donor contacts in database, querying on impending and past actions as necessary
- Participate in regular planning and strategic meetings with the College’s President and Vice President of Advancement, as well as other members of the Advancement staff
- Significant experience in major gift fundraising with a quantifiable record of success
- Excellent storyteller with a polished manner (in written and in-person communications)
- Strongly self-motivated, mapping out and executing cultivations with minimal oversight
- Understanding of and appreciation for liberal education and the Catholic Faith
- Ability to travel frequently—between 50% and 75% of the time
- Personable, self-motivated, and professional, with strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher; Raiser’s Edge experience a plus (though not required)
Salary will be commensurate with the experience and expertise of the applicant. Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and references to:
Joseph Susanka, Vice President of Advancement
306 Main Street, Lander, WY 82520
email@example.com • (307) 332-2930, x. 1126
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Wyoming Catholic College
Wyoming Catholic College is a four-year private college located in Lander, Wyoming. Wyoming Catholic College forms students through a rigorous immersion in the primary sources of the classical liberal arts tradition, the grandeur of the mountain wilderness, and the spiritual heritage of the Catholic Church. Grounded in real experience and thoughtful reflection, our graduates love truth, think clearly, communicate eloquently, and engage with the world as it is.